Wednesday, December 7, 2011

First impressions!

The presentations that I viewed on Monday were interesting and I think the one that peaked my interest the most was the Pixar presentation. The presenters had good form although their presentation was a little long I believed they did a good job in keeping the information relevant to the issue at hand. The BP presentation I thought was way to long it had upwards of 30 slides! I think that if you properly research and prepare your slide show should not nearly be as long. But they did come together in the end despite that fact. I'd like to talk a little more about Pixar and the company itself because it is something that interests me. Pixar is an animation company that depends on computers and cg equipment to complete its projects and movies. The process is an interesting one and it goes something like this. The artists start by drawing up concepts from a creative guide, often put together by the art director. This guide is the starting point for all creative tropes and ideas for the film/animation. The art then makes its way to the 3D modelers who model the two dimensional images in 3D space. The modelers then hand of the model to riggers who rig the model with animation features, such as joints, bones etc. They then texture the model and send it off to the rendering farm to render the full image of the model. This is a fascinating process and one that I was thinking of during the Pixar presentation.

1 comment:

  1. I was interested that you found interest in our presentation. Although I think that our presentation fill the time requirement perfectly and was not too long. After presenting I found groups scrambling to get finished after they saw the 1 minute card Dr. Goates held up. You did a great job at outlining the process to complete movies that we should have looked into more.

    ReplyDelete