So for our last class the presentations for okay. I especially liked the presentation that tried to use and integrate acting into their work. I thought it captured my attention more than all the rest of the presentations. I think I would like to see more acting and use of theater in the presentations however I don't think that some or most people think that its appropriate. I think they feel that sticking to more traditional methods such as the power point is more acceptable than anything else. This can make presentations boring and cliche, and it may not always keep the viewers attention. I've also noticed that some groups bride attention and possibly grades by giving out candy and cookies. I really don't think approach works to well either. I will just be eating something while NOT paying attention to you presentations. I'm not saying that you are doing a bad job or that you didn't put work into your stuff. But it is the last class hence my lack of attention towards everything. So with that I'd like to say that I was satisfied with this class and the information I learned while taking it.
Thanks
Chris
I also thought that they theater approach was very interesting. I really got my attention at the beginning and kept it till the end of the presentation. I agree with you on some groups trying to bribe others for attention. But like you, I was more interested in eating the food rather than paying attention.
ReplyDeleteAs a member of the group that gave out cookies, we certainly didn't do so to "bribe" students to pay attention as you are convinced we did, nor did we do so to "bribe" Dr. Goates into giving us a good grade. We used them as a means of proving one of the points of our presentation. Not many NFL players were motivated to accept the owners’ new CBA offer just because the owners threw in additional perks. We proved this by asking how many individuals were more motivated to pay attention just because we gave them cookies. Since few people raised their hands, it resembled the situation that occurred during the lockout, therefore proving our point. Perhaps if you WERE paying attention, you WOULD have picked up on this.
ReplyDeleteThis class was a lot fun and I also learned a lot to.
ReplyDelete