Thursday, December 1, 2011

Business Exercise; Incompetence?

So corporate exercise was interesting and I thought it was overall a good experience to have gone through even if I thought it might have been mismanaged at some points. I'd like to offer a critique of this exercise and show some of my opinion in how I thought this may have been effective or not. The first aspect of this exercise I'd like to highlight was the SHEAR incompetence of the leaders at the top. This is of course from my prospective as an employee of course. The incompetence stems from the lack of communication and proactive action taken to make the so called corporation function correctly. I know I felt like the employees were tossed aside in favor of the managers and customer interaction with the top.This type of neglect is absolutely UNACCEPTABLE. Effective leadership would have included a more proactive stance to bring all the parties together to work out a deal that would have benefited everyone, and at the very least everyone in the fictitious organization should have at least been informed. Another words, if your given a game such as this and told you can make up and change rules their frankly should be no excuse to have your plan executed perfectly. This is just my opinion and I have been influenced and biased this week by observing a string of very INCOMPETENT people, so I am also ranting as well.

1 comment:

  1. I felt as though the exercise would have been better if the top group had more instructions, or more detailed instructions. I do feel that the top group should have been better with the relaying of information. I am honestly glad I was in the NMBL, and I didn't have to deal with this quagmire.

    ReplyDelete